Friday the 13th Part VII A New Blood Movie Review


Friday the 13th Part VII A New Blood Movie Review

Ok, so its that time again. Hell, I'm running out of time. Friday the 13th is just a few days away. 5 days. And I still need to review Part 3, Jason X, and Freddy vs Jason. Shit. And I been meaning to post my review for His Name is Jason which I bought last week. Damn. Ok, on the Part VII. This is the one with Jason vs Carrie. Wait. Jason vs Tina. My Bad. This is film is known for several reasons. One it marks the first appearance of Kane Hodder as Jason Voorhees. Whoa. Kane was great in this movie. During his scenes vs Tina he flat ass looked pissed. Especially, after he lost his mask. Also, its known as the absolute gorest of the franchise. Cept, we didn't get to see any gore. The MPAA had this movie chopped to pieces in the editing room. And having been about two years since I watched this I had forgotten that this mf was not gory at all. In fact, my gf who is trying to watch them all before Friday (and like a juggalo is on Jason X) said. There wasn't any gore in that. And no there wasn't. This movie was originally given a X rating. Well, that must've been like most of the movies. Cuz, it was goreless. And you know this actually used to be my 3rd favorite back in the original 8 days. But, I'm not so sure any more. Its definitely back to 4th or maybe lower. I kinda fell out of love with this movie over the years. I mean Tina vs Jason is a pretty damn good fight. She gives him hell. And in case you don't know what I mean basically, Tina had special powers (like Carrie) and could f some mess up. And her doctor played by the legendary B Movie legend Terry "Weekend At Bernie's" Kiser had recommended she come back to Crystal Lake 10 years after she basicially drown her father under a lake dock. Well, upon returning she sees an image under the water which she thinks is Dad but, nope. Its Jason. A major fup on her part. She rises Jason back out of his watery Part VI grave and its on. He kills a ton of folks in this movie. And Kane puts his mark on the scene with his unstoppable terminator like Jason Voorhees. This movie however, now that i'm older seems alittle out of left field. Carrie vs Jason? After the beauty that was Jason Lives it now leaves me a little on the WTF just happened side of the coin. And I feel bad about that after it being one of my favs for so long. The lack of gore. The far fetched Tina's powers thing. Hmmm. But, all in all a good Friday as it was the last at Crystal Lake until Freddy vs Jason. I can not wait for a possible uncut version of this movie if they ever release it. I have heard there is upwards of 10 mins of this movie out there. Complete with its X rated glory. Anyway, its a must own. And its better than JGTH, Part 8, and Jason X. And I see Kane in this and feel betrayed that he never got to go to camp and really get into it with some folks. I give this Friday 4 out of 5 axes. Its a must own. Just due to Jason's presence played by Kane Hodder and its still entertaining. Just keep a open mind. You will need it.

No comments: