Candyman : Farewell to the Flesh Review


Candyman : Farewell to the Flesh Review

Ok, so I love slasher flicks and to a point I am a bit of Candyman fan. Maybe because frankly, I like the hell out of Tony Todd. Who is a great genre actor as many fans know from Candyman movies, The Rock, and Final Destination films. This is also the sequel to the first Candyman but, I figured I better review this one as it just happened to come on TMC. Now, I saw this movie in the theater when it came out and I actually remember really liking it. And now. Well, damn. I will first say we immediately miss the acting ability of Virginia Madsen who did a great job in the first one. And this one has a mystery plot of trying to learn the origin of Candyman. This plot is not overly strong. Its fair. And its by no means a terrible movie. It has some decent kills and Tony Todd is strong in the scenes he is actually in. And there is a really good origin flashback which is extremely cool. And actually, makes me think they should've made a prequel instead of Candyman 3. But, considering he has a hook as a hand. We and he uses this to do the killing Candyman man tends to lack some of the extras that a Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers when it comes to being creative. Overall, its fairly decent and a good watch at 4am in the morning. Huh. Does that make it good. Hmmm. Damn. I give this 2.0 out of 5 axes. I'd say unless your just a massive Tony Todd or Candyman fan you skip it.

No comments: