Freddy vs Jason Movie Review


Freddy vs Jason Movie Review

Ok, just do to needing to get it done its time to do the Freddy vs Jason movie review. And folks I will tell you. I am amazed to find out there are a legion of fans that hate this movie. WOW. Because frankly, I felt this turned out to be a lot better than I expected and I was scared they were going to fup a movie I'd waited 10 LONG years for. And guess what. They didn't. This is one of the best horror/action movies I've ever seen if not the best. It pits two of horror's biggest icons VS each other. Sorry Mikey Myers but, Fred and Jas' got you. Least for a while longer. Anyway, it starts with Freddy basically no longer existing cept' in hell where the only bastard he can find to get in to his nightmares is our beloved Jason Voorhees. Now, as most of the time. I'm a massive Jason Voorhees fan and never was a big Freddy fan. I used to watch Nightmare movies and think I'd like to ring this burnt fucker's neck and knock out his smart mouth's teeth. However, I figured he'd claw me to death and Jason would have to do it. So Freddy uses Pamela Voorhees to basically command Jason to go to Elm Street and kill folks causing the locals to believe Freddy could have returned. And Springwood has basically shipped off any kid with any knowledge of Freddy to a halfway house and keep them contained. So as Jason off' mf's in various brutal ways of course, people start whispering Freddy's back. And in turn we have a young girl and her bf reunite in a effort to survive Freddy and Jason. Well, they plot a plan to drag Freddy to the real world on purpose. One of them go to sleep and encounters Fred and drags him in to real life and right in to the path of Jason Voorhees. And Jason is EXTRA pissed because Freddy whipped his ass in the dream world. Now, its a different game and we see a serious battle between these horror icons laid down to some serious heavy metal tracks. And this soundtrack has Slipknot. Enuff said. And Jason and Fred beating, cut, rip each other to death. Now, this movie used a pretty believable way of bringing these two together. And it had great elements of each icons films. And I was fired up because essentially Jason won. And carried a prize out of the lake at the end. Freddy's head as a trophy. Now, why people thought this would not be more than a action movie I don't know. Its a action movie with horror elements. Not that different than a Blade movie. I felt most fans of each series would be happy. I know I was thrilled. And i recently read the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash script which became a comic instead of a movie and frankly, we were robbed. Cuz that sob rocked too. Anyway, if you don't own this go buy it. Its full of laughs, fun, action, mind tricks and does a great job of bringing the legends together. Its a popcorn summer flick and does a great job of being just that. Highly entertaining. 5 out of 5 axes. Only part I felt down about was Kane Hodder not being Jason.






No comments: