Return of the Living Dead Part 2 Movie Review


Return of the Living Dead Part 2 Movie Review

Ok, kiddies we have Return of the Living Dead Part 2. I also remember seeing this one as a kid and frankly, I could remember very little about it. I will say this. I actually enjoyed this one more than the first one. This one features several returning characters from the first one in different roles ala' everybody in Rob Zombie's flicks. Which personally I don't mind but, I realize a lot of people hate this. Anyway, this movie to me was more serious than the first one but, still had a pretty big mix of comedy, horror, zombies, and campy film making. This movie features Thom Mathews and James Karen from the original as different characters however, they both get exposed to gas again and once again end with a bad turn for them. Thom Mathews is much less annoying in this sequel than in the first. James Karen is funny as hell. Also noted for having a zombie dressed in a Michael Jackson coat and a brief cameo appearance from Tar Man. This movie made a estimated $9 million which for 1988 is not bad. Anyway, this movie I thought had a notably better score and to me a better story with 3 boys discovering a canister that had fallen off the back of a truck. It just had the feel of the good old 80's horror movies that did not take themselves overly seriously. Which frankly, I enjoy. This movie is most definitely a worthy follow up to the first one. I definitely believe its worth a rent and/or a buy on a cheap rack some where. I give it 3.5 out 5 axes.

No comments: