The Poughkeepsie Tapes Movie Review


The Poughkeepsie Tapes Movie Review

So, I just got through watching The Poughkeepsie Tapes and I must say. This was one of the most realistic mind fucking movies I have ever seen. Its a false documentary based on a serial killer from Poughkeepsie and the tapings of his brutal crimes. This movie is truely in some way a masterpiece. Very much in a way the Blair Witch was rattling this movie brought about those same vibes. It details in some way (almost A and E documentary like) a serial killer and his progression. From beginning to well, no end. They have false interviews with everybody involved FBI, police, victims, the tapes of the murders, torture (which is particularly gory but, still rattling). A very unique surprise is the fact that no one seems to have been off limits. Rarely do we have a horror movie deal with murdering of children or a extreme plot in which a police officer is framed for the murders and the killer gets to now have one of his own victims die by the hands of the legal system. The interviews are pretty realistic. I will say the biggest and maybe the only draw back is a couple of the ladies playing FBI or policewomen were not great actors.
But, it a way this helped the realism of this movie. And as much as I will say I liked this movie because of its extreme uniqueness I won't see this again for a while. Because, I tend to steer toward horror movies that make me enjoy being scared. This made me want to never let anyone I care about out of my sight. And almost paranoid of everyday life. Some people may see this and think its just a cheap ripoff of a A and E documentary however, they I believe should have their movie watching card withdrawn from their hand and told to never watch another movie again. This movie will make a lot of people really think. And go what the fuck did I just watch. And more so. Wow. That was pretty fucked up. I get it 5 fucked up axes out of 5. I would say buy it but, don't. Rent it. Watch it. And take a break. Your going to need it. Also, the director John Erick Dowdle I can not believe upon researching your films you did Quarantine. Now I understand why it was in the dark. Ashamed you went for too much realism in that movie.

No comments: