PG 13 Horror Movies

PG 13 Horror Movies

With the success of Haunting in Connecticut it leads me to a article I've been meaning to sit down and write. Now is the time. First. Is there such a animal as a good PG 13 horror movie? And my next damn question would be have I ever even watched a PG 13 horror movie? WTF? I am not sure I have. Hell I have a hard time bringing myself to watch anything that says PG 13 in the horror genre. Immediately we know we can count out gore. Tits. hmmm. Brutalness. Rawness. Was White Noise PG 13? It was pretty decent. Then again may have just been Michael Keaton who is pretty damn good in anything. Disturbia? Blah. Prom Night? Didn't see it. Why? It was stamped with a PG 13 rating. Dare I say if Friday the 13th would've gotten a PG 13 rating I would have fucking boycotted the sum bitch. Signs was PG 13 and damn good but, I would call it a sci fi movie with a couple jump scares included. So thats out. Hmmm. Think about it. Is there really a good scary PG 13 horror movie? Army Of Darkness was PG 13 I think. But, it was a horror/comedy. Nope. It was Rated R. Sorry. That leads to me to believe the animal known as PG 13 horror does not exist. If you are a producer of a horror movie or director and you think you should "tone" it down so you can score higher at the box office beforwarned. Your movie I believe will be boycotted by many a hardcore horror fan. And if you think your movie won't make any money just read my article on horror dvd sales. People will buy your movie. If its not PG 13. Fuckers.

No comments: