Saw V Movie Review

Saw V Movie Review

Ok, we're going to start this review by saying i'm not one of these dudes that think having multiple sequels to a franchise is bad. I don't. Hell, I liked all of the Halloween movies (cept' III) and all of the Friday's (even kinda 5). That being said. Comes Saw 5 or Saw V. Depending on what day of the month it is. This movie stars (Costas Mandylor), who has all of a sudden resurrected what was going to be a promising career. Tobin Bell returns as Jigsaw. Who is deader than shit but, is back in flashback form. Now there is a phase called "jumping the shark". Well, damn. I will say. I loved Saw 1 thru 3. and I liked Saw 4 pretty well. However, Saw 5 just couldn't hang in with me. Number one. You've killed off Jigsaw. Which is ok. Cept' you've killed off every other character any one cares about. I will say I really liked the aspect between Costas and Agent Peter Strahm (Scott Patterson). And I feel its important to have some one to root to live in these movies. But, I'm not sure I can take it any more. Elwes, Glover, Patterson, Walhberg are all dead. Fuck it. I was hoping some damn body would live. Anyway, I found the dialog between the group of trap mongers to be flat at best. The traps got more and more boring. And maybe its finally run its course. Don't get me wrong. I'll watch the 6th one as soon as it comes out. But, I was missing Darren Lynn Bousman direction as this one seemed a little to scattered around and unorganized. Anyway, you will be forced to buy it. Just like i was forced to buy it because who wants to say they own Saw 1-4.... really? but, if you don't buy these as part of a collection or you don't plan on letting this thing grow on you. I'd say rent this one. Don't get me wrong. There are many other worse horror movies out there. Mirrors wasn't great.... and it could be worse. it could be Halloween 3. I give this one 2 out 5 axes.

No comments: