Hard Weekend Coming for Horror: Our Box Office vs Super Bowl Prediction

Hard Weekend Coming for Horror: Our Box Office vs Super Bowl Prediction

The Uninvited opened this weekend. And I went to the movies last night. I will say. Hmmm.. well, there was about 30 people in the 7:30pm My Bloody Valentine 3D showing. And of the line of people ready to get movie tickets I take notes mentally of who's seeing what. Hate to say most was Paul Blart: Mall Cop, and some Renee Zellweger flick. None for the Uninvited. And frankly, with 10 hours of Super Bowl Pre-game coming Sunday well. Sunday's gonna be a massacre. Anyway, I predict the Uninvited lands maybe $7 or $8 million which will have this movie end up around $20 million. Maybe. Though, alot of dollars will come from Foreign box office. My Bloody Valentine 3D I believe might hold fairly well around $5 or $6 million. Which would move it closer to $50 million and I'm still crossing my fingers for more than that because after seeing it we have to have a sequel. The Uninvited might've seen $15 million on a non-SB weekend but, its going to be tough. And I live in East Texas. We all know Jason Goes To Hell only did some where in the neighborhood of $20 million at the box office but, the night it opened in East Texas showings were sold out completely. So in East Texas people really dig horror flicks. But, again no Uninvited out of 30 people I got to hear ordering tickets.

No comments: