Friday the 13th A New Beginning Movie Review

Friday the 13th A New Beginning Movie Review

I'm trying more and more to post some movie reviews so I can give my take on all my favorite and not so favorite movies. Here for me comes a real bittersweet movie for me. Bittersweet because by now. You know Jason Voorhees wasn't the killer in this movie and some ambulance driver was (worst idea since Greedo shooting first) however, it does continue the Tommy Jarvis storyline. We find ourselves with Tommy at a half way house of sorts for mentally challenged kids. Now, Tommy has been haunted by images of Jason since the whole dramatic I killed Jason moment of Friday 13th Final Chapter (one day review coming). Anyway, the premise was to give everybody some Friday the 13th but, since they killed ol' Jason off. Shit. We got to do something else. So after seeing his son hacked up a ambulance driver decides to kill a bunch kids using Jason's old MO. Well, yikes. talk about Jumping the Shark. or whatever. Anyway, kids getting hacked up left and right with a nice amount of nudity and gore. If there wasn't a Friday the 13th Movie Series to follow I might have dug the shit out of this. But, knowing this wasn't Jason left me with that flipping my sister feeling. Sure, she's got a great bag of goodies but, in the end there is something wrong with it. I give it 2 axes out of 5. Which is so painful because this is my favorite horror series. Least Tommy Jarvis is back and that pretty much the reason it got an extra star instead of just one. Least Jason Lives was next....

No comments: