The Burning Movie Review


The Burning Movie Review

Ok, so call me last person to show for the party. But, the old lady and me watched the Burning last night after receiving it from Netflix. Now, to for warn anybody that visits this site (which is starting to be quite a few) I have to tell you. I'm a fan of slasher flicks. I almost feel it unfair that I ever review a movie like Mirrors (Keifer Sutherland) or The Grudge (Sarah Michelle Gellar) because honestly I don't care for supernatural horror very much. The last movie I can say I liked was Stir of Echoes with Kevin Bacon. Anyway, back to the Burning. First, I could not believe how similar this movie and Friday the 13th Part 2 were in some ways. It had a camp fire scene complete with guy telling story about killer and the jokster jumping out for a goofy scare. A camp. with counselors. Killer etc. wow. couldn't believe it. Also notable is several future stars of TV and Movies. Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Holly Hunter (Raising Arizona), and Fisher Stevens (Short Circuit 1 and 2) all had roles in this movie. Also its famous for raft kill scene which was pretty damn brutal for a film made in 81. Tom Savini (Friday 13th, Friday Part 4) did the effects in this movie which made them better than decent for this time period. Although, it was seemed a little too campy in some parts. Which had almost a Meatballs feel. It was a good little slasher flick. If you like the Friday movies you will get a kick out of this. Don't expect the seriousness of the first two Friday movies. Think a very loose version of Friday. But, definitely rent it and watch it with some one that likes horror movies. And you will probably have plenty of conversation about it. 2.5 out of 5 axes.

No comments: