Jason Voorhees Tribute and Murderer from B.I.G. Sergio

My Bloody Valentine finishes 3rd in Box Office for Weekend

My Bloody Valentine finishes 3rd in Box Office for Weekend

According to Variety.Com My Bloody Valentine had a total weekend gross of a estimated $21.9 million dollars. Frankly, thats lower than I suspected it would gross. $21.9 million is extremely respectable by horror movie standards however, I really suspected between $25 and $30 million but, Gran Torino held tough. This leads me to believe it will finish between $38 and $45 million. It makes me nervous about Friday the 13th's remake gross. I am praying it scores huge so we can get some sequels. You can figure it needs a $30-$40 million dollar opening to get the automatic sequel greenlight. Damn shame it is not the summer are Friday would have a lock on it.


Lionsgate’s horror pic “My Bloody Valentine 3-D” narrowly beat Fox Searchlight’s biopic “Notorious,” distributed by big Fox, for No. 3.

“Valentine”--the widest 3-D release to date--grossed an estimated $21.9 million from 1,033 3-D locations and 1,501 conventional runs.

No comments: