My Bloody Valentine finishes 3rd in Box Office for Weekend

My Bloody Valentine finishes 3rd in Box Office for Weekend

According to Variety.Com My Bloody Valentine had a total weekend gross of a estimated $21.9 million dollars. Frankly, thats lower than I suspected it would gross. $21.9 million is extremely respectable by horror movie standards however, I really suspected between $25 and $30 million but, Gran Torino held tough. This leads me to believe it will finish between $38 and $45 million. It makes me nervous about Friday the 13th's remake gross. I am praying it scores huge so we can get some sequels. You can figure it needs a $30-$40 million dollar opening to get the automatic sequel greenlight. Damn shame it is not the summer are Friday would have a lock on it.


Lionsgate’s horror pic “My Bloody Valentine 3-D” narrowly beat Fox Searchlight’s biopic “Notorious,” distributed by big Fox, for No. 3.

“Valentine”--the widest 3-D release to date--grossed an estimated $21.9 million from 1,033 3-D locations and 1,501 conventional runs.

No comments: