X Men Origins: Wolverine Movie Review


X Men Origins: Wolverine Movie Review

I must say. I am a massive comic book/superhero movie fan. That being said to this day I say all 3 of the X Men movies were highly disappointing. Not coming close to the greatest of Superman, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, or even Spider-Man. Which I tend to believe are the upper layer of these movies. I know alot of people loved the X Men movies however, I felt there was too much confusion and cheesyness to these movies. Vinny Jones as Juggernaut? Really? Nope. And I love Vinny Jones. So I did my best to take a open mind in to seeing this movie. I like Hugh Jackman. I like Ryan Reynolds. I like Liev Schreiber (a highly underrated actor). This time we have the development of Wolverine. How he came to be. And I must say. This movie was far and away better than any of the those pieces of trash called the X Men. I think they did a really fine job with setting up Wolverine's development. And his intense fued with Sabretooth. The introduction of Deadpool on the big screen was pretty damn cool as well. And if you've seen any of the cartoons movies of the X Men with Deadpool or read the comics. Deadpool is a smart ass and Ryan Reynolds hit the mark. I felt that even though this movie had some big fight scenes and did have some CGI it seemed to be toned down at least until the end which had to have CGI to pull it off and it looked just fine. The sheer acting talent of everybody in this movie really helped with the way this movie's story played out. It had a great amount of Marvel legends in this movie which should make any fanboy piss himself. Deadpool, Gambit, Cyclops, and toward the end. A surprise. But, I won't ruin it. Overall, I say this movie is in the upper middle end of comic movies. Its in line with Spider-Man 2, the Tim Burton Batman movies, The Hulk and the reboot of the Hulk (which I liked both), Iron Man. Not strong enough or epic enough to reach in to that Upper Crust that The Dark Knight holds but, certainly a damn sight better than the other X Men movies or even The Fantastic Four (Blah).
I give it 4.0 axes out of 5.0. Definitely worth seeing. Enjoy!

No comments: