Terminator Salvation Movie Review


Ok, so now I get to review one of my most anticipated movies in a long time. I like anything that gives me the feeling of old school times. Friday the 13th, Batman, Starwars, etc. The Terminator film series is one that I hold near and dear to my heart. Well, that leads us to the newest Terminator entry called Terminator Salvation. We have Christian Bale as John Connor, Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright, and Anton Yelchin as Kyle Reese. Now, I was worried about how Reese and Connor would be portrayed. When I tell you that Yelchin is spot on to Michael Biehn's character its almost scary. Facial expressions, movements, and laying dialog is dead on. And Bale delivers his usual strong commanding performance. I've read some reviews regarding Bale seeming too hard for this role. Really? How is the leader of the resistance supposed to act. Sam Worthington is quickly marching his way to being the next big thing. Hard to believe this guy had a bit part in the croc thriller "Rogue" course, hell he stole the scenes he was in even in that. Now there are plenty of nods toward the previous films and it stays true to the story line of the 3 other movies. But, folks this is not your normal popcorn Terminator movie. The general feel of this movie is of a very realistic raw environment that has been destroyed. The characters are complex and deep. And there are several fan boy nods to make any Terminator fan happy. I won't ruin it for you by spoilers but, this movie should get a best picture nomination even though these movies never do. It was a real epic movie with larger than life effects but, it was more realistic that some of the previous Terminators if you ask me. This will be a must own on dvd and hell I may go see it again on the big screen. So far. Its the best movie of the year. And honestly and it may seem insane but, I consider this movie to be the gem of the Terminator series. The effects are grand but, some how come across as being raw and gritty. You feel real emotion from the characters. I give this movie 5 out of 5 axes.

No comments: