Laid To Rest My Review


Laid To Rest My Review

Wow. Rarely, does a movie come around that I have been so torn on when wanting to do a review. This is a movie that in the horror world is getting much pub. And frankly, it comes so close to being a good slasher movie that its sad when it just falls short. Now the first half of this movie is almost painful to watch. Bobbi Sue Luther was just unwatchable in playing a girl thats lost her memory. And I mean terrible and she pretty much ruined this movie for me. However, Kevin Gage is strong as Tucker who is sorta the hero figure in this movie and to me almost saves the entire film. Kevin Gage to me plays alot of likable characters in movies even when he plays a jerk off. Which surprisely he does not do in this movie. I kept waiting for him to become a redneck jerk off and he never does. Which is tremendous. Now Chromeskull.... Hmmm... I'm sorry there was nothing scary about this shiny skull on a guys face. Now if they could've made it with a dirty raw look. Maybe. I will say this. The movie has some wonderful kills. And the gore is off the charts. Robert Hall did a decent job with directing but, the story was so bad. I mean nobody had a fucking phone? We emailed 911? What the fuck? That was just laughable. Horror genre legend Richard Lynch does a cameo as a funeral home owner and is good in the entire 30 seconds he's on screen. Too bad. I liked his character and he had some potential. Sadly in the end. This movie falls short of being good. And its sad. The gore is wonderful and nasty. But, Bobbi Sue Luther's acting is so terrible along with a story that seemed thrown together at the last minute just kills this movie. I give it 1.5 axes. 1 axe for gore and .5 for Kevin Gage's performance. Worth a rent when it comes out April 21st. On the cheap rack.

No comments: