Dead Alive movie review


Dead Alive movie review

Ok, so we have what many believe is a horror classic in Dead Alive directed by the now Spielberg like famous Peter Jackson. Well, I must say I love zombie movies. Dawn of the Dead (original or remake), 28 Days and Months Later, Day of the Dead (original). Then we have the zombie movies that like to have some comedic elements. Hmmmm. I really loved Shaun of the Dead. But, honestly I like Simon Pegg movies and I believe it had nothing to do with zombies as to the reason I enjoyed it. I am a much bigger fan of serious zombie movies. Ones with a nice amount of gore and serious in your face zombies. I must say I was disappointed in this movie after hearing so much about it. It was like watching Gremlins with zombies. Which is fine. If I'm watching with Gremlins with Gremlins. But, this is zombies and even though I got a chuckle out of the little baby dead zombie laughing and running around. It just got old pretty fast. There was some great gore but, it was that old school gore that almost looked way to fake to keep trying to use it. Now, I would love to see someone remake this and make it serious. That would be a serious flick. It had some extremely cool and original gore moments but, it did not save this movie for me. It was just trying to be damn goofy for my taste. Sorry horror fans. Its a decent one time watch but, after a while it just got on my damn nerves. I give 2.5 out of 5 axes.

No comments: