My first movie review - Jason Lives Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th Part 6 - Jason Lives - this is my first movie review and its on my favorite horror movie of all time. Yeah, Yeah, I know people are going ooooh. the Exorcist... Oh Blair Witch (which i liked and wait til i get to that review)... oh blah blah blah. I consider this one of the best slasher flicks of all time. interesting story behind this movie. I first saw it when i was 10 on Xmas eve at my uncle's house. everybody else was in the kitchen and him and me sat on the coach and watched this. it was unlike anything i can remember seeing. The movie marks the return of Jason Voorhees that had been killed by Tommy Jarvis in Friday the 13th the Final Chapter. and interestingly enough Jason was dead. I mean dead and buried. No returning. Well, enter Tommy Jarvis the hero from the previous two Fridays. As we know from A New Beginning Tommy is being haunted by visions on Jason. So he decides upon leaving the nut house he will go dig up Jason and burn the body. Which is great in theory. but, could you pick a night where it wasn't storming? The opening of this movie is great. And features Jason walking out and slashing the screen like James Bond. Personally, I liked Thom Mathews as Tommy Jarvis. He was strong, had good facial expressions, and added some humor. There were some great deaths in this movie - the knife thru the side of the head which a guy was driving a motor home and Jason busting the door off of it and standing on top. Which has become a infamous scene in the serious. In fact its the Wallpaper for my Jason Voorhees tribute site Jason Voorhees. It also lets us know Jason will not harm children although he's very curious about them. This also marks the movie where Jason became more apart of the undead unstopping terminator we got the following films. Jason twists a girls head off and he literally folds a cop in half. also this movie had a great ending that builds up. I will continue to say if they decide to ever Kill Jason for good Tommy Jarvis has to be the one to do it. I give it 5 axes out of 5.

No comments: