The Expendables Movie Review


Ok, so i know this a horror website but, I also like to dip my foot in the waters of other genres. We're branching out in to horror core rap, action movies etc. I've finally gotten my system back up and running so I'm ready to go... So we'll start with The Expendables. Here we have the action movie with much hype that had Slyvester Stallone bringing together most of the current and previous days action movie stars. Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Steve Austin, Eric Roberts, Terry Crews, and Randy Couture all had a sizable part in this flick. Now things have changed alot in the tastes of movie goers. I honestly thought this movie might borderline bomb just due to people's like of interest in action movies. In the 80's and early to mid 90's these movies were gold. Why? Because nobody expected them to be a oscar caliber movie. I remember literally going to see Universal Soldier opening night and it being SOLD OUT. Now, the sequels can't even see the theater. Too many movies like The Hurt Locker and No Country for Old Men are considered action movies. To me. Their dramas. Damn good ones. So we have your basic action movie plot. Group of guys with lots of guns and martial arts skills battling an evil warlord type in some 3rd world sweaty hell. Now this movie isn't winning any awards for screenplays or acting. Or directing. But, it will damn sure take you back to the good ol' days of unbelievable explosions. One Liners and anything else that as a product of growning up in the 80's and 90's made action movies great. Will I say its the best action movie I've seen this year? No. Which does make me sad. I actually enjoyed The A-Team more than this movie. But, it will easily get 2nd best action flick of the year. The cameos of Bruce Willis and Arnold were cool as a tip of your cap toward them. I will say this. Seeing Dolph Lundgren back on the big screen with that eerie sorta foreign accent kicking ass was pretty damn cool. However, the two noticable missing pieces to this movie were Steven Seagal and Jean Claude Van Damme. And I've read Sly tried to score them both for this flick. Hopefully, in the sequel we will get it. And seeing that its made $180 million worldwide. We will get our sequel. I give this movie 3.5 out of 5 axes. As long as you understand this movie will be corny at times. Also have big explosions. You liked action movies 20 years ago. You will enjoy this flick.









No comments: