Paranormal Activity 2 Review


Paranormal Activity 2 Review

Ok, so its been a long time since i've done a review. I have not had a lot of time to check out many movies but, I saw this and Frozen in the last few days. So here goes. This movie follows another part of the family connected to the original two members of the first family. Essentially, this time we include a baby, a dog, a paranoid housekeeper, and one overly active pool cleaner. We do see appearances from Katie and Micah from the first movie. Of course, there is alot of unexplained noises, movements, door slams, etc. Now, I found the original to be a pretty darn good horror movie. I don't even like supernatural horror. At all. But, these movies are alittle like The Blair Witch Project. Very entertaining the first time around. Now, I watched The Blair Witch years ago and contended it was the scariest damn movie ever. And in turn did not watch it again until last year. And much to my horror. It did not scare me at all. Why? No re-watchability. If thats a word. It was almost boring. These movies are great one time only. But, unlike a good horror slasher flick like Halloween or Friday the 13th. You have no villian to root for to either kill or be killed. And thats very impacting. It was a pretty nice twist at the end to tie in the first movie. I found the father to be annoying by all means leave for a work visit when you have drama going on. Your old lady is at home having a breakdown. WTF? The daughter pulling this family curse or agreement out of her ass did not particularly move me either. Seemed alittle far fetched. Hmmm. And this movie is definitely good for a one time only watch. For that reason I will give it a 2.75 axes out of 5 rating. In the past I would have went 3.5 or higher. But, this new found re-watchability factor is killing movies like this. Good little creepy moments but, nothing to write home about. Enjoy. The first time.....

No comments: